GEDA June 2018 Luncheon
Industrial, Office and Retail Real Estate Panel
Sim F. Doughtie, SIOR, CCIM, MCR, SLCR
President, Partner & Managing Broker
King Industrial Realty, Inc.
Sim Doughtie is an experienced 30+ year veteran in the Atlanta commercial real estate market. He has been with King Industrial Realty, Inc. for 20+ years where he has served as President of the firm since 2008. Sim is a Life Member of The Million Dollar Club through the Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors, and in 2003, received The Phoenix Award for ten consecutive years of outstanding sales and leasing achievement.
Sim has worked on many notable assignments over the years. The largest being the Regional Distribution Center for General Mills. This build-to-suit project on 130± acres developed and built by The Rockefeller Development Group consisting of 1,508,765 total square feet was the largest LEED Certified Gold facility ever built in the United States at the time of its completion.
Sim represented McMaster-Carr with their relocation efforts to purchase 112 acres in Douglas County to build a new regional ecommerce fulfillment distribution facility for their online internet sales business totaling 700,000 square feet (expandable to 1,000,000 square feet).
Sim also devised the plan to re-purpose the 90± acres where the twice failed regional mall known as Shannon Mall/Union Station Mall was located. Sim contacted the Mayor Pro Tem of Union City and arranged for the Mall to be re-zoned to TCMU (all commercial uses), and contacted Rooker Properties who put the site under contract, closed, and redeveloped the site with a 987,840 square foot distribution building and multiple buildings for the film industry. For this deal Sim was honored by The Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors with The Alvin B. Cates Award for The Most Outstanding Transaction in 2014.
Sim is a member of SIOR, CCIM, CoreNet Global (MCR & SLCR Designations), CORFAC International (Vice President), Board of Directors of The Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors and the 2018 Million Dollar Club Chairman, Georgia State University Real Estate Honorary Board, Vistage International, and in 2018 he was deemed a Who’s Who in Commercial Real Estate by The Atlanta Business Chronicle.
Sim is an Atlanta native, and a graduate of Georgia State University’s School of Business, where he majored in real estate and management. While attending Georgia State, he served as President of his fraternity, Pi Kapa Alpha. Sim and his wife Tricia are members of Peachtree Presbyterian Church, The Atlanta Track Club and The Concourse Athletic Club.
Onsite Valet parking, fee: 35 USD daily.
For more options click HERE.
June 2018 Event Pricing
Tables (10 seats per table) are available as part of registration as well for $400 per table. If you purchase a table please provide a list of who will be at your table to Kelly McLendon via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CANCELLATION, REFUND and NO-SHOW POLICY
· A registrant who does not submit a written cancellation, or attend the luncheon, is considered a "No Show.” No-Shows are not eligible for refunds or credits, and are still liable for outstanding balances. Those who are ill and have a doctor’s excuse or a death in the family will be excused.
· Substitutions will be accepted at any time.
· There will be no refunds or credits for cancellations after the close of business (5 p.m.) on seven days prior the event.
· All cancellation requests must be received in writing (email or hard copy) and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
· Refund requests must include the name of the attendee.
· When possible, refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
· For those who have registered and choose the bill me or pay by check option you are still subject to the refund policy.